Once you have configured the Qlik Sense Cloud permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Qlik Sense Cloud.
To crawl metadata from Qlik Sense Cloud, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Qlik Sense Cloud as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click Qlik Sense Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
Provide your credentials
To enter your Qlik Sense Cloud credentials:
- For Host, enter the tenant URL for your Qlik Sense Cloud instance.
- For Port, enter the port number for your Qlik Sense Cloud instance.
- For Authentication, API key is the default option.
- For API Key, enter the API key you copied from your Qlik Sense Cloud instance.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Qlik Sense Cloud.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Qlik Sense Cloud connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Qlik Sense Cloud crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the assets you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Spaces. (This will default to no assets if none are specified.)
- To select the assets you want to include in crawling, click Include Spaces. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
💪 Did you know? If an asset appears in both the include and exclude filters, the exclude filter takes precedence.
Run the crawler
To run the Qlik Sense Cloud crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉