Invite a new user
To invite a new user for Atlan to use when integrating with Qlik Sense:
- Log in to your Qlik Sense instance.
- From the upper right corner of your Qlik Sense instance, click the menu icon and then click Management Console.
- In the left menu under Governance in the Management Console, click the Users tab.
- From the top right of the Users page, click Invite to invite a new user.
- In the Invite users dialog, for Email addresses, enter the email address of the new user that you want to invite and click Invite.
You can also set up roles and groups for robust access management.
Once you've invited a new user, ensure that the new user has the following minimum permissions for crawling Qlik Sense:
- Assign developer role to the new user to allow the creation of API keys.
- Ensure that the new user has
Openpermissions to spaces, apps, data, sheets, charts, and connections in Qlik Sense.
In order to ensure that the new user has the above permissions to Qlik Sense objects, the new user can either be the creator of the objects, have access to the shared or managed spaces where the objects are located, or the objects need to be made public.
Enable API key creation
Once you have created a new user and ensured the necessary permissions, you will need to enable API key creation for that user.
To enable API key creation for the new user:
- From the upper left corner of your Qlik Sense instance, click the menu icon and then click Management Console.
- In the left menu under Management Console, click the Settings tab.
- From Settings, scroll down to API keys and enter the following details:
- For Enable API keys, toggle the slider on to enable the creation of API keys.
- For Change maximum token expiration, enter a value for allowed maximum token age.
- For Change maximum of active API keys per user, enter a value for the maximum number of active API keys that a user may have in the tenant.
- Refresh the Management Console page and navigate to the left menu to view a new tab for API keys.
Generate API key
Once API key creation has been enabled, the new user can generate API credentials for crawling Qlik Sense.
To generate an API key for crawling Qlik Sense:
- Log in to your Qlik Sense instance as the new user. (If you just completed the steps above, you'll need to log out from the tenant admin account first.)
- From the top right of your Qlik Sense instance, click your profile avatar and then click Profile settings.
- From the left menu under Management, click API keys.
- From the upper right of the API keys page, click Generate new key.
- In the Generate a new API key dialog, enter an API key description and select an expiration time within the allowed maximum token age.
- Click Generate to generate an API key.
- From the resulting dialog, copy the generated API key value and save it in a temporary location.