What are the known limitations of the Microsoft Power BI connector?
Atlan currently does not support the following:
- Upstream lineage to SQL sources for data sources and dataflows
- Lineage between datasets and reports — known limitation of Power BI scanner APIs
- Lineage for partitioned tables — known limitation of Power BI scanner APIs
- Power BI apps as native assets and lineage support — apps are currently represented as reports
- Full lineage between workspaces and datasets or reports
- Filtering hidden pages in reports — known limitation of PowerBI reports API
Can users who do not have access to a report still see the preview?
Users can only see asset previews if the following conditions are met:
- They have the necessary permissions in both Microsoft Power BI and Atlan.
- They are logged into Atlan and Microsoft Power BI on the same browser.
Therefore, if a user lacks the permission to view a report in Microsoft Power BI, they will not be able to see the report preview in Atlan. Even if they do have the necessary permissions, they will need to be logged into Microsoft Power BI on the same browser as their Atlan instance for asset previews to work.
Why can I not see previews for my Microsoft Power BI assets?
Your Microsoft Power BI assets will be updated with previews during the next run of your Microsoft Power BI workflow. If you have run the workflow and still do not see the previews, we suggest you rerun the workflow. Once you've rerun the workflow, the previews should be visible to all eligible users.