Atlan does not support using only independent Hive metastore components for the Hive crawler. Atlan also does not support crawling the metastore database specifically — for example, using the PostgreSQL crawler. Doing so would bring in metadata for the database itself and not Hive's metadata.
- Can the Hive crawler connect to an independent Hive metastore?
- How is lineage from procedures deduced in Atlan?
- Are there any dbt assets that cannot be viewed in dbt?
- Why is the first miner run taking so long to finish?
- Are there any extra steps required for rerunning the miner?
- How to monitor for runaway queries?
- Is the existing file in the bucket overwritten when uploading the .json files?
- Why does Atlan require an admin user in Salesforce?
- Why does Atlan require Site Administrator Explorer permissions in Tableau?
- How can I set up on-prem databases if we don't use Docker Compose?