Once you have configured the Sigma permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Sigma.
To crawl metadata from Sigma, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Sigma as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click Sigma Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
Provide your credentials
To enter your Sigma credentials:
- For Endpoint, from the dropdown, select your organization's cloud.
- For Authentication, API Token is the default method.
- For Client ID, enter the client ID associated with your API token.
- For API Token, enter the API token that you created.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Sigma.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Sigma connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Sigma crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata Filters page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the Sigma workbooks you want to include in crawling, click Include Workbooks. (This will default to all workbooks, if none are specified.)
- To select the Sigma workbooks you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Workbooks. (This will default to no workbooks if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the Sigma crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉