Once you've connected Atlan with Google Sheets, you can download impacted assets in Google Sheets. This can help you assess the downstream impact of any changes made to an upstream asset for impact analysis.
🚨 Careful! You need to be logged into your Atlan instance before you can download impacted assets from Atlan in Google Sheets.
Download impacted assets in Google Sheets
To import lineage in Google Sheets:
- In the menu bar of your Google spreadsheet, click Extensions.
- From the dropdown menu, click Atlan.
- From the list of options in the Atlan add-on, click Import Lineage to open a list of your assets in a sidebar.
- (Optional) To filter your assets by a specific asset type, in the Atlan sidebar, select the asset type.
- In the Atlan sidebar on your spreadsheet, select the asset(s) you want to import.
- To select the type of impacted assets you'd like to download, in the Atlan sidebar, from the Direction dropdown:
- To download downstream assets for impact analysis, click Downstream.
- To download upstream assets for root cause analysis, click Upstream.
- To download all impacted assets, click Both.
- To download the impacted assets in Google Sheets:
- Click Import Lineage to download all the impacted assets in one sheet.
- Click the vertical three dots and then click Import to new sheet to download the assets in separate sheet tabs.
- (Optional) Once download is successful, click the asset links in your spreadsheet to view the assets in Atlan.
The impacted assets are now available in Google Sheets! 🎉