Atlan is built on REST APIs, so you can see the requests being sent by the UI to the API gateway through your browser's developer console.
Console or network logs frequently provide critical error details that are required to determine the underlying cause of the issue/bug that you are experiencing.
How do you create a HAR and a Console log file in Chrome?
- Launch Google Chrome and navigate to the relevant webpage in Chrome.
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, click the three vertical dots.
- From the Chrome menu, click More Tools and then click Developer Tools.
- In the left menu, click on the Network tab and then select Fetch/XHR as your filtering option.
- Next, in the Network tab, click Preserve log.
- In the top-left of the Network tab, click the red circle to record a log.
- To allow Chrome to record the browser-website interaction, refresh the page.
- Replicate the issue that you experienced in the browser.
- When the page loads, go to the Console tab and right-click in the console box. Select Save as... and name the file whatever you like.
- Return to the Network tab and right-click an element. Next, click "Save HAR with content."
- HAR and log files should be uploaded to the support ticket.