The activity log in the asset sidebar provides a changelog for your data assets. Having a record of all the changes made to an asset can help build trust in your data assets and promote transparency across your organization.
View the activity log of an asset
To view the activity log of an asset:
- In the left menu from any screen, click Assets.
- Click on an asset to view its asset profile.
- In the asset sidebar in the right, click Activity to view the activity log.
- (Optional) To filter the activity log by a specific type of activity, click the dropdown arrow under Activity and:
- Select the relevant metadata option to view changes in the description, announcements, terms, certificates, or owners for the asset.
- Select the relevant classification option to view classifications that were added or removed from the asset with or without propagation.
- Select the relevant column option to view column changes.
- Select the relevant README option to view when a README was created for an asset and who created or updated it.
- (Optional) Click the Filter by column menu to filter your activity logs by specific columns.
You will now be able to view all the changes that were made to an asset in the activity log! 🎉