Atlan uses Fivetran APIs to generate lineage between assets that already exist in Atlan. This is particularly useful for creating cross-source lineage between tables and columns.
Specifically, Atlan will:
- Create lineage between tables, views, and materialized views.
- Atlan builds the lineage based on the connectors and destinations in Fivetran pipelines.
- To do this, Atlan creates Fivetran
Processobjects to represent these pipelines.
- Create column-level lineage connecting the columns of those tables.
- Add a warning announcement to any Fivetran
Processobjects where the Fivetran pipeline has warnings.
Supported sources and destinations
Atlan's Fivetran integration supports the following sources:
Atlan's Fivetran integration supports the following destinations: