Once you have configured the Amazon DynamoDB permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Amazon DynamoDB.
To crawl metadata from Amazon DynamoDB, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Amazon DynamoDB as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click Amazon DynamoDB Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
Provide your credentials
To enter your Amazon DynamoDB credentials:
- For Extraction method, Direct is the default extraction method.
- For Authentication, IAM User is the supported authentication method.
- For AWS Access Key, enter the AWS access key you downloaded.
- For AWS Secret Key, enter the AWS secret key you downloaded.
- For Region, enter the AWS region of your Amazon DynamoDB instance.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Amazon DynamoDB.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Amazon DynamoDB connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Amazon DynamoDB crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To have the crawler ignore tables based on a naming convention, specify a regular expression in the Exclude tables regex field.
- To have the crawler include tables based on a naming convention, specify a regular expression in the Include tables regex field.
Run the crawler
To run the Amazon DynamoDB crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉