To integrate Google Cloud Composer/OpenLineage with Atlan, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Create an API token in Atlan
Before running the workflow, you will need to create an API token in Atlan.
Select the source in Atlan
To select Google Cloud Composer/OpenLineage as your source, from within Atlan:
- In the top right of any screen, click New and then click New workflow.
- From the filters along the top, click Orchestrator.
- From the list of packages, select Google Cloud Composer Airflow Assets and then click Setup Workflow.
Configure the integration in Atlan
To configure the Google Cloud Composer/OpenLineage connection, from within Atlan:
- For Host, enter the URL of your Google Cloud Composer Airflow UI.
- (Optional) For Port, enter the port number for your Google Cloud Composer Airflow UI.
- For Enable OpenLineage Events, click Yes to enable the processing of OpenLineage events or click No to disable it. If disabled, new events will not be processed in Atlan.
- For Connection Name, provide a connection name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- To run the workflow, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
Configure the integration in Google Cloud Composer
To configure Google Cloud Composer to send OpenLineage events to Atlan:
- You will need to specify environment variables in Google Cloud Composer for the integration. To set environment variables in Google Cloud Composer:
- Open your Google Cloud console and navigate to the Environments page.
- From the list of environments, click the name of your environment.
- In the Environment details page, click the Environment variables tab and then click Edit.
- Add the following environment variable names and corresponding values:
OPENLINEAGE_URL: points to the service that will consume OpenLineage events — for example,
OPENLINEAGE_API_KEY: set the API token generated in Atlan.
OPENLINEAGE_NAMESPACE: set the connection name as exactly configured in Atlan.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- You will also need to install the OpenLineage PyPI package in Google Cloud Composer. To install the OpenLineage PyPI package in your environment:
- In the Environment details page, click the PyPI packages tab and then click Edit.
- Click Add package to add a custom package.
- Under PyPI packages, for Package name, specify the package name:
- Click Save to save your configuration.
Once the orchestrator has completed running, you will see Airflow DAGs and tasks along with lineage from OpenLineage events in Atlan! 🎉