Each update we make to our API documentation automatically builds a Postman collection. You can import all the API definitions and documentation into Postman using this collection. And then in Postman you can start exploring the APIs by running them directly against your own environment.
Import Postman collection
To import the Postman collection:
- In your Postman workspace, click the Import button.
- In the Import window, click the Link tab.
- Under Enter a URL paste this link — https://atlanhq.github.io/openapi/atlan_collection.json — and then click the Continue button.
- From the Import summary, click the Import button.
After a few moments the full set of APIs will be available in your workspace in a collection named Atlan API. 🎉
💪 Did you know? Each time we update our documentation, this collection is re-generated. The process outlined above is a one-off snapshot of the collection. If you want the latest collection, you need to import the collection again each time.
Define Postman environment
Before you can use the APIs in Postman, you will need to:
- Configure a Postman environment with the following variables:
baseUrl— the full URL for your environment, including the
authToken— the bearer token you copied from Atlan when configuring an API token.
- Set the
authTokenvariable as the bearer token on the collection itself.
You are then ready to use Postman to call the APIs! 🎉