You can integrate with Atlan in several ways. We recommend using one of our software development kits (SDKs), if possible, which:
- encode best practices,
- are built for performance,
- and add validations and simplifications not found in the raw REST APIs themselves.
For initial experimentation with our APIs, you can also explore using Postman.
Import Postman collection
To import the Postman collection:
- In your Postman workspace, click the Import button.
- In the Import window, click the Link tab.
- Under Enter a URL, paste this link — https://atlanhq.github.io/openapi/atlan_collection.json — and then click the Continue button.
- From the Import summary, click the Import button.
After a few minutes the core APIs will be available in your workspace in a collection named Atlan API. 🎉
Define Postman environment
Before you can use the APIs in Postman, you will need to:
- Configure a Postman environment with the following variables:
baseUrl— the full URL for your environment, including the
authToken— the bearer token you copied from Atlan when configuring an API token.
- Set the
authTokenvariable as the bearer token on the collection itself.
You will are ready to use Postman to call the APIs! 🎉