Skip to main content
What is the difference between the Copy Link button and the Share on Slack button?
Share on Slack
When you use the Share on Slack button:
- You can handle the full communication from directly within Atlan, without needing to open or change windows to Slack. (You choose the channel and add a message in Atlan.)
- You are only able to share to public channels your Atlan administrators have pre-configured.
- You can also optionally have Atlan automatically add a link in Atlan to the conversation in Slack.
- The message produces a rich embed in Slack, similar to this:
When you use the Copy Link button:
- You must open Slack and change windows to paste the URL there.
- You are able to share the link in any channel you want (including DMs).
- The message does not produce a rich embed in Slack.
Guides to give you a head start on Atlan
Best practices from our amazing DataOps champions
The DataOps Culture Code
Our learnings on what makes data teams successful
glossary, add certification, athena