Once you have configured the Sisense permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Sisense.
To crawl metadata from Sisense, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Sisense as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click Sisense Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
To enter your Sisense credentials:
- For Host, enter the hostname of your Sisense instance.
- For Authentication, API Token is the default selection.
- For Username, enter the email address you created for the new user.
- For Password, enter the password you created for the username.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Sisense.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Sisense connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Sisense crawler, you can further configure it.
Sisense allows you to organize your Sisense assets into folders and subfolders. Atlan currently supports filtering your dashboards and widgets at a folder level. However, if you select a parent folder to include or exclude, all the child folders will also be included or excluded, respectively. Folder-level filtering currently does not apply to data models and data model tables, all such assets will be crawled into Atlan.
On the Metadata page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the assets you want to include in crawling, click Include Folders. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
- To select the assets you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Folders. (This will default to no assets, if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the Sisense crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉