Atlan supports the basic authentication method for fetching metadata from Sisense. This method uses a username and password to fetch metadata.
Create new user in Sisense
You will need to create a new user in your Sisense instance and assign the Data Admin role to the new user for integrating with Atlan. While Atlan can crawl all other Sisense asset types with the Viewer role, the Data Admin role is required to crawl and generate lineage for data model tables. Atlan uses the Datamodels API to crawl data models and data model tables from Sisense. The Viewer role does not provide access to data models.
To create a new user for crawling Sisense:
- Log in to your Sisense instance with the Admin role.
- From the tabs along the top, click Admin.
- On the Admin page, in the System Management box, click Users.
- From the top right of the Users page, click + Users to add a new user.
- In the Add Users dialog, enter the following details:
- For Email, enter an email address for the new user — this will be the username for authenticating the connection in Atlan.
- (Optional) For First Name and Last Name, enter a first and last name for the new user — for example,
- For Role, click the role dropdown and then click Data Admin to assign that role to the new user.
- Toggle on Define Password, and for Set Password, set a password for the new user. Confirm the password in the next step.
- Click Save to complete new user creation.