Install the extension
To install Atlan's Chrome extension:
- Find the extension in Chrome's web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/atlan/fipjfjlalpnbejlmmpfnmlkadjgaaheg
- In the upper right of the page, click Add to Chrome.
- When prompted for confirmation, click the Add extension button.
Configure the extension
To configure the Chrome extension, once installed:
- From your browser's menu, navigate to Window and then Extensions.
- In your list of extensions, find the Atlan extension and click Details.
- Towards the bottom of the table, click Extension options.
- In the new Options tab this opens:
- Enter the URL for your Atlan instance, and click Continue.
- When successful, you will see the message Successfully connected with Atlan.
- You can close both the Options tab and the Extensions tab.
The extension is now ready to use! 🎉
Access and enrich context in-flow
To access context for an asset, from within a supported tool:
- Log into the supported tool.
- Open any supported asset.
- In the lower right corner of the page, click the small Atlan icon.
- In the sidebar that appears:
- Click the tabs and links to view all context about the asset.
- Make changes to any of the metadata you'd like.
Now you can understand and enrich assets without leaving your data tools themselves! 🎉
Search for metadata
To search for context for any information on any website:
- Select the text you'd like to search on the web page you're viewing.
- Right-click, and then select Search in Atlan 🏡.
The extension will open a new browser tab on Atlan's discovery page, with the results for that text! 🎉
Currently the Chrome extension supports assets in the following tools:
- Looker (dashboards)
- Tableau (dashboards)
- Salesforce (non-Lightning experience)
- Snowflake (via Snowsight schema explorer: tables, views, databases, schemas)