Once your connection admins have configured bring your own credentials (BYOC) in Atlan, users will need to provide their own credentials before they can view the sample data in the asset profile. This will help you enforce better governance across your organization.
Use your own credentials to view sample data
Atlan supports both basic username and password as well as key pair authentication of your credentials. We currently do not support SSO authentication.
To set up your own credentials for viewing sample data:
- On the Assets page, click on an asset to view its asset profile.
- In the asset profile, click Sample Data.
- To set up your credentials for viewing the sample data, click Get Started.
- In the popup window, click Get Started once again to proceed.
- In the User credential setup dialog box, Basic is selected as the default authentication option. Enter the following:
- For Username, enter the username for the connection.
- For Password, enter the password for that connection.
- For Role, enter your role for that connection.
- For Warehouse, enter the name of the warehouse.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm your credentials.
- Once authentication is successful, click Done.
You can now view sample data using your own credentials! 🎉
When using the key pair method, you'll need to enter your encrypted private key and the private key password to complete the authentication process.