Once you have configured the Mode user permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Mode.
To crawl metadata from Mode, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Mode as your source:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the list of packages, select Mode Assets and click on Setup Workflow.
To enter your Mode credentials:
- For Token, enter the API token you generated.
- For Password, enter the password for the API token you generated.
- For Workspace, enter the name of your Mode workspace as retrieved from the API or workspace URL.
- For Exclude all personal collections, change to Yes to exclude your personal collections or keep the default selection No to include them.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Mode using these details.
- Once successful, at the bottom of the screen, click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Mode connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, nobody will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Mode crawler, you can further configure it.
You can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the collections you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Collections. (This will default to no collections, if none are specified.)
- To select the collections you want to include in crawling, click Include Collections. (This will default to all collections, if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the Mode crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets in Atlan's asset page! 🎉