Skip to main content
How are resources isolated?
Each Atlan customer has their own isolated set of nodes within Kubernetes.
- Our deployments isolate all running services. This includes the metastore and its persistence in Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- The backing persistence for these services is also isolated through distinct AWS VPCs or Azure VNets.
- The underlying Kubernetes control plane and networking layer (coredns) are shared between tenants. We use Loft's virtual clusters to isolate these logically.
- The compute resources (nodes, nodegroups) and storage are physically isolated between tenants.
- Only Atlan's cloud team is able to manage the AWS and Azure resources across these levels of isolation.
Guides to give you a head start on Atlan
Best practices from our amazing DataOps champions
The DataOps Culture Code
Our learnings on what makes data teams successful
glossary, add certification, athena