To mine activity events from Microsoft Power BI, complete the following steps.
Select the miner
To select the Microsoft Power BI miner:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the filters along the top, click Miner.
- From the list of packages, select Power BI Miner and then click Setup Workflow.
Configure the miner
To configure the Microsoft Power BI miner:
- For Connection, select the connection to mine. (To select a connection, the crawler must have already run.)
- (Optional) For Advanced Config, keep Default for the default configuration or click Advanced to configure the miner:
- For Start time, choose the earliest date from which to mine activity events.
- For Excluded Users, type the names of users to be excluded while calculating usage metrics for Microsoft Power BI assets. Press
enterafter each name to add more names.
Run the miner
To run the Microsoft Power BI miner, after completing the steps above:
- To run the miner once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the miner to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the miner has completed running, you will see usage metrics for Microsoft Power BI assets that were created in Microsoft Power BI between the start time and when the miner ran! 🎉