Atlan allows you to star your most used assets and bookmark them for quick and easy access.
Once you have starred your assets, you can:
- Access your starred assets from anywhere in Atlan
- Get a personalized view of your homepage with starred assets
- Filter by your starred assets
- View starred activity in the activity log
Star an asset
Navigate to the left menu of any screen in Atlan and click Assets to begin:
From asset sidebar
To star an asset from the asset sidebar:
- From the Assets page, click an asset you want to star.
- Navigate to the the upper right of the Overview sidebar and click the star button to star the asset and add it to your list of starred assets.
From asset profile
To star an asset from the asset profile:
- From the Assets page, right-click an asset you want to star and select Open profile.
- Navigate to the top right of the asset profile and click the star button to star the asset and add it to your list of starred assets.
Click the star button again to remove the asset from your list of starred assets.
View starred assets
Once you have starred your assets, you can use the Starred assets widget to view them from anywhere in Atlan. The starred assets widget will show you a total count and complete list of your starred assets.
To view starred assets:
- From the top right of any screen in Atlan, click the Starred assets icon. This will also show you a total count of your starred assets.
- From the Starred assets popup, you can view starred assets sorted by most recently starred or use the search bar to search for specific starred assets. Click Open in Assets to view all your starred assets.
- The corresponding Assets page will only show all your starred assets with the Starred assets filter applied. To further refine your search, add more filters.
- Click any starred asset to view more details:
- In the top right of the Overview sidebar, hover over the star button to view total star count and users who have starred it in a popover.
- From the sidebar tabs on the right, click the Activity tab to view starred activity by user and timestamp.