Once you have configured the Soda permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Soda.
To crawl metadata from Soda, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Soda as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click Soda.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
Provide your credentials
To enter your Soda credentials:
- For Host Name, enter the hostname or base URL of your Soda instance to connect to the Soda APIs — for example, cloud.soda.io, cloud.us.soda.io, or demo.soda.io.
- For Authentication, API Key Authentication is the default selection.
- For API Key ID, enter the API key ID you copied.
- For API Secret, enter the API secret you copied.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Soda.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Soda connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Run the crawler
To run the Soda crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To run the crawler once, immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉