Atlan supports the API authentication method for fetching metadata from Soda. This method uses an API key ID and API secret to fetch metadata.
Create an API key
You will need to create an API key in Soda for integration with Atlan.
To create an API key for crawling Soda:
- Log in to your Soda Cloud instance as an Admin.
- In the top right of your Soda Cloud account, click on your avatar, and from the dropdown, click Profile.
- Under your profile name, click the API Keys tab.
- On the API Keys page, click the + button to generate a new API key.
- In the API Keys dialog, enter the following details:
- For Description, enter a meaningful description.
- For Organization, enter the name of your organization.
- Click Create to finish setup.
- From the corresponding screen, copy the API Key ID and API Key Secret and store them in a secure location.
🚨 Careful! The API secret cannot be retrieved later.