Once you have configured the Confluent Schema Registry access permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Confluent Schema Registry.
To crawl metadata from Confluent Schema Registry, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Confluent Schema Registry as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click Confluent Schema Registry Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
To enter your Confluent Schema Registry credentials:
- For Host, enter your schema registry endpoint.
- For API Key, enter the API key you copied.
- For API Secret, enter the API secret you copied.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Confluent Schema Registry.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Confluent Schema Registry connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Confluent Schema Registry crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the subjects you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude subjects. (This will default to no subjects, if none specified.)
- To select the subjects you want to include in crawling, click Include subjects. (This will default to all subjects, if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the Confluent Schema Registry crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉