🤓 Who can do this? You will probably need your Schema Registry administrator to complete these steps — you may not have access yourself.
Atlan supports the API authentication method for fetching metadata from Confluent Schema Registry. This method uses an API key and secret to fetch metadata.
Create an API key
💪 Did you know? Atlan does not make any API requests or queries that will update the resources in your Confluent Cloud Schema Registry environment.
- Log in to your Confluent Cloud instance.
- From the left menu of the Cloud Console, click Environments and then select your environment.
- On your environment page, under Stream Governance API in the right menu, for Endpoint, click the clipboard icon to copy the endpoint and store it in a secure location.
- Under Credentials in the right menu, click View & manage if there are any existing API keys or click 0 keys if there are none to open the API credentials dialog.
- In the API credentials dialog, click + Add key if there are any existing API keys or click Create key if there are none to create a new schema registry API key.
- From the Create a new Schema Registry API key dialog:
- For Key, click the clipboard icon to copy the API key and store it in a secure location.
- For Secret, click the clipboard icon to copy the API secret and store it in a secure location.
- (Optional) For Description, enter a description for the new API key — for example,
Atlan integration API key.
💪 Did you know? You will need the schema registry endpoint, API key, and API secret for crawling Confluent Schema Registry.