Once you have crawled assets from Teradata, you can mine its query history to construct lineage.
To mine lineage from Teradata, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the miner
To select the Teradata miner:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to +New and then click New workflow.
- Under Marketplace, from the filters along the top, click Miner.
- From the list of packages, select Teradata Miner and then click Setup Workflow.
Configure the miner
To configure the Teradata miner:
- For Connection, select the connection to mine. (To select a connection, the crawler must have already run.)
- For Miner Extraction Method, choose your extraction method:
- For Start date, choose the earliest date from which to mine query history.
- (Optional) For Advanced Config, keep Default for the default configuration or click Advanced to configure the miner:
- For Cross Connection, click Yes to extract lineage across all available data source connections or click No to only extract lineage from the selected Teradata connection.
- For Control Config, if Atlan support has provided you with a custom control configuration, select Custom and enter the configuration into the Custom Config box.
Run the miner
To run the Teradata miner, after completing the steps above:
- To run the miner once, immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the miner to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the miner has completed running, you will see lineage for Teradata assets that were created in Teradata between the start date and when the miner ran! 🎉