Once you have configured the MicroStrategy permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and MicroStrategy.
To crawl metadata from MicroStrategy, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select MicroStrategy as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click MicroStrategy Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
To enter your MicroStrategy credentials:
- For Host, enter the hostname of your MicroStrategy instance.
- For Authentication, Basic Authentication is the default selection.
- For Username, enter the username you created for the instance.
- For Password, enter the password for the username.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to MicroStrategy.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the MicroStrategy connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the MicroStrategy crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the assets you want to include in crawling, click Include Projects. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
- To select the assets you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Projects. (This will default to no assets, if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the MicroStrategy crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉