🤓 Who can do this? Any non-guest user with their own credentials for the data store.
When your admins have configured bring your own credentials (BYOC), you must provide your own credentials to query data.
💪 Did you know? Connections that require you to provide your own user credentials have a small icon next to them. If the connection you want to query has no icon, you can query it with its default shared credentials. You only need to provide your own credentials for connections with this icon.
Set up your own credentials
Atlan supports both basic username and password as well as key pair authentication of your credentials. We currently do not support SSO authentication.
To set up your own credentials for a connection:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Insights.
- Under the Explorer tab on the left, use the drop-down to select the connection that requires user credentials.
- A Setup user credentials for ... dialog will appear.
- In the bottom right of the dialog, click Get started.
- The options will vary slightly depending on the connection type. Refer to the set up step for your connection for more details of what to fill in for each:
- In the bottom-left of the dialog, click the Test Authentication button.
- Once successful, in the bottom right of the User credential setup dialog, click Done.
- You can then click Done again.
You can now run queries using your own credentials! 🎉
Manage your credentials
🤓 Who can do this? Any non-guest user who has previously set up their own credentials for a data store.
To manage your credentials for your connections:
- From the upper-right of any screen, click your username and then Profile.
- In the sidebar that appears, click the User credentials (bottom) icon.
- Under User credentials:
- To remove a credential, hover over the row for the credential you want to delete and click the delete icon. When prompted for confirmation, click the Delete button.
- To change a credential, click the row for the credential you want to change and follow the instructions above. Note that your existing credentials are not shown, and can only be overwritten. When complete, click the Update button in the lower right.