Once you have configured the ThoughtSpot permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and ThoughtSpot.
To crawl metadata from ThoughtSpot, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select ThoughtSpot as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, clickThoughtSpot Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
Provide your credentials
To enter your ThoughtSpot credentials:
- For Extraction method, Direct is the default selection.
- For Hostname, enter the hostname of your ThoughtSpot cloud instance in the following format —
- For Authentication, select the method you configured when setting up the ThoughtSpot access permissions:
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to ThoughtSpot.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the ThoughtSpot connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the ThoughtSpot crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the assets you want to include in crawling, click Include tags. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
- To select the assets you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude tags. (This will default to no assets, if none specified.)
- For Assets without tags, keep the default option Yes to skip crawling assets without tags or click No to enable crawling them.
Run the crawler
To run the ThoughtSpot crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To run the crawler once, immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉