Have you ever wanted to notify everyone on the system of something? System announcements allow you to do just that. For example, you could welcome your users when you're first launching Atlan. Or you could use it to warn of planned outages to large parts of your IT landscape.
System announcements appear on the home page of all users, just below the search bar.
Add a system announcement
To add a system announcement:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin.
- In the upper-right of the page, click the New Announcement button.
- (Optional) At the top of the dialog, click on Information to change the style of announcement:
- To give general information, in blue, choose Information.
- To display a problem, in red, choose Issue.
- To give a warning, in yellow, choose Warning.
- For Add Announcement Header... enter a brief title for your announcement.
- For Add description... enter the detailed explanation for the announcement.
- At the bottom of the dialog, click Save.
Your announcement will now appear on the home page of every user that visits Atlan! 🎉
Remove a system announcement
To remove a system announcement:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin (or from the home page where the announcement is displayed).
- In the upper-right corner of the announcement box, click the 3-dot button.
- From the options, click Delete.
Your announcement has now been removed from the home page of every user that visits Atlan! 🎉