With two of your most important workspaces connected, you can save time and improve the way you track issues for your data.
Once you integrate Jira with Atlan you can do all of the following — all without leaving Atlan!
- Create new Jira issues on assets
- Link existing Jira issues to assets
- See the complete history of Jira issues for each asset
Create new Jira issues on assets
To create issues in Jira, without leaving Atlan:
- From any asset, on the right of the screen, click the Jira sidebar icon.
- Click the Add Issue button, and then Create Issue.
- From the Creating issue dialog:
- (Optional) For Project select the project for the issue. (By default, the project configured during integration will be selected.)
- (Optional) For Issue type select the type of issue being created in Jira.
- For Title enter a brief summary of the issue.
- For Description enter the detailed explanation of the issue.
- Click the Create button to submit your issue to Jira.
Your issue is now on Jira and linked to the asset for future reference! 🎉
Link existing Jira issues to assets
Ever determine that an issue in Jira is related to multiple data assets? It's important to bring that context back to your assets.
To add existing issues in Jira into Atlan:
- From the asset, on the right of the screen, click the Jira sidebar icon.
- Click the Add Issue button, and then Link Issue.
- From the Link Issues dialog:
- (Optional) Search for any issues in Jira to link.
- Check each issue that should be added to the asset.
- At the top of the dialog, click the Link button.
Your existing issue on Jira is now linked to the asset for future reference! 🎉