🤓 Who can do this? You will need to be an admin user in Atlan to create tags.
To create a new tag:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Governance.
- Under the Governance heading, click Tags and then add a new tag:
- If there are no existing tags, click Add tag.
- If you have any existing tags, under the Tags heading, click the + New button.
- Enter details for the tag:
- For Untitled tag, enter a meaningful name for your tag.
- (Optional) For Add description..., enter a more detailed description of your tag.
- (Optional) To personalize your tags, click the tag icon. From the upper right of the Icons dialog:
- Click Icons to change the icon for your tag. Click the gray box to change the color of your tag icon to green, yellow, or red.
- Click Emoji to add an emoji to your tag.
- Click Upload Image to upload an image for your tag. The recommended size for image uploads is 24x24 pixels.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) Under Tags, click the funnel icon to filter your tags by source:
That's it — you now have a tag ready for your team to use for tagging assets! 🎉
💪 Did you know? Once you've created a tag, you can also delete it at any time.