Once you have configured the Amazon QuickSight permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Amazon QuickSight.
To crawl metadata from Amazon QuickSight, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Amazon QuickSight as your source:
- In the top right of any screen in Atlan, navigate to +New and click New Workflow.
- From the Marketplace page, click QuickSight Assets.
- In the right panel, click Setup Workflow.
Provide your credentials
To enter your Amazon QuickSight credentials:
- For Authentication, IAM User is the default authentication method.
- For AWS Access Key, enter the AWS access key you downloaded.
- For AWS Secret Key, enter the AWS secret key you downloaded.
- At the bottom, enter the Region and AWS Account ID of your Amazon QuickSight instance.
- Click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Amazon QuickSight.
- Once authentication is successful, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Amazon QuickSight connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users who are able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, no one will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Amazon QuickSight crawler, you can further configure it.
On the Metadata Filters page, you can override the defaults for any of these options:
- For Fetch all assets without folder, click Yes to fetch assets not linked to any folders, including datasets, analyses, and dashboards, or click No to only fetch assets linked to folders.
- To select the folders you want to include in crawling, click Include Folders. (This will default to all folders, if none are specified.)
- To select the folders you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Folders. (This will default to no folders, if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the Amazon QuickSight crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets on Atlan's asset page! 🎉