Don't want to use a single shared service account to access data?
With bring your own credentials (BYOC) users need to provide their own credentials before they can query data. Each user's permissions in the data store itself are then applied to each query. This is helpful for organizations that have already invested in defining granular controls in their data stores. With BYOC you can reuse those controls without any extra work!
Atlan currently supports the following connectors for BYOC:
Enable BYOC in general
Before you can enable BYOC for specific connections, you must enable it in general. To enable BYOC in general:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin.
- Under the Workspace heading, click Labs.
- Under the Insights heading of the Labs page, turn on Enforce user credentials.
Enable BYOC on a connection
To enable BYOC on a connection:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Assets.
- From the pills below the search bar at the top of the screen, click Connection.
- From the list of results, select the connection for which you want to enable BYOC.
- From the sidebar on the right, next to Connection settings, click Edit.
- In the Connection settings dialog:
- At the bottom right of the Connection settings dialog, click Update.