Once you have configured the PrestoSQL user permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and PrestoSQL.
💪 Did you know? Atlan currently only supports PrestoSQL until version 349. PrestoDB is not supported at present.
To crawl metadata from PrestoSQL, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select PrestoSQL as your source:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the list of packages, select PrestoSQL Assets and click on Setup Workflow.
To enter your PrestoSQL credentials:
- For Host enter the host for your PrestoSQL instance.
- For Port enter the port of your PrestoSQL instance.
- For Username enter the name of the user you created.
- For Password enter the password for the user you created.
- Click Test Authentication to confirm connectivity to PrestoSQL using these details.
- When successful, at the bottom of the screen click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the PrestoSQL connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, nobody will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the PrestoSQL crawler, you can further configure it.
You can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the PrestoSQL assets you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Metadata. (This will default to no assets if none are specified.)
- To select the PrestoSQL assets you want to include in crawling, click Include Metadata. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
- To enable or disable schema-level filtering at source, click Enable Source Level Filtering and select the relevant option.
💪 Did you know? If an asset appears in both the include and exclude filters, the exclude filter takes precedence.
Run the crawler
To run the PrestoSQL crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets in Atlan's asset page! 🎉