Once you have configured the Presto user permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Presto.
To crawl metadata from Presto, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Presto as your source:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the list of packages, select Presto Assets and click on Setup Workflow.
To enter your Presto credentials:
- For Host enter the host for your Presto instance.
- For Port enter the port of your Presto instance.
- For Username enter the name of the user you created.
- For Password enter the password for the user you created.
- Click Test Authentication to confirm connectivity to Presto using these details.
- When successful, at the bottom of the screen click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Presto connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, nobody will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Presto crawler, you can further configure it.
You can override the defaults for any of these options:
- Select the Presto assets you want to exclude from crawling in the Exclude Metadata field. (This will default to no assets, if none are specified.)
- Select the Presto assets you want to include in crawling in the Include Metadata field. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
Run the crawler
To run the Presto crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To run the crawler once, immediately, at the bottom of the screen click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly or monthly, at the bottom of the screen click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets in Atlan's asset page! 🎉