Once you have configured the Trino user permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Trino. (If you are also using a private network for Trino, you will need to set that up first, too.)
To crawl metadata from Trino, review the order of operations and then complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Trino as your source:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the list of packages, select Trino Assets and click on Setup Workflow.
To enter your Trino credentials:
- For Host, enter the hostname (or PrivateLink endpoint) for your Trino instance.
- For Port, enter the port of your Trino instance.
- For Username, enter the username you created.
- For Password, enter the password for the user you created.
- For Enable TLS/HTTPS, change to True to only allow TLS or HTTPS connections or keep the default False.
- For Disable SSL verification, change to True to disable SSL verification for self-signed certificates or keep the default False.
- Click Test Authentication to confirm connectivity to Trino using these details.
- Once successful, at the bottom of the screen click Next.
Configure the connection
To complete the Trino connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might use values like
- (Optional) To change the users able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, nobody will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Next to proceed.
Configure the crawler
Before running the Trino crawler, you can further configure it.
You can override the defaults for any of these options:
- To select the Trino assets you want to exclude from crawling, click Exclude Metadata. (This will default to no assets if none are specified.)
- To select the Trino assets you want to include in crawling, click Include Metadata. (This will default to all assets, if none are specified.)
- For Advanced Config, keep Default for the default configuration or click Custom to configure the crawler further:
- To enable or disable schema-level filtering at source, click Enable Source Level Filtering and select the relevant option.
Run the crawler
To run the Trino crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To check for any permissions or other configuration issues before running the crawler, click Preflight checks.
- You can either:
- To run the crawler once immediately, at the bottom of the screen, click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, at the bottom of the screen, click the Schedule Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets in Atlan's asset page! 🎉