Once you have crawled assets from Snowflake you can mine its query history to construct lineage.
To mine lineage from Snowflake, complete the following steps.
Select the miner
To select the Snowflake miner:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the filters along the top, click Miner.
- From the list of packages, select Snowflake Miner and click on Setup Workflow.
Configure the miner
To configure the Snowflake miner:
- For Connection, select the connection to mine. (To select a connection, the crawler must have already run.)
- For Miner extraction method select Query History, or see the separate instructions for the S3 miner.
- For Snowflake Database:
- If you are using a cloned database, enter the name of the cloned database in Database Name and the name of the cloned schema in Schema Name.
- For Start time choose the earliest date from which to mine query history.
- (Optional) For Control Config, if Atlan support has provided you a custom control configuration, select Custom and enter the configuration into the Custom Config box.
Run the miner
To run the Snowflake miner, after completing the steps above:
- To run the miner once, immediately, at the bottom of the screen click the Run button.
- To schedule the miner to run hourly, daily, weekly or monthly, at the bottom of the screen click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the miner has completed running, you will see lineage for Snowflake assets that were created in Snowflake between the start time and when the miner ran! 🎉