Once you have configured the Salesforce user permissions, you can establish a connection between Atlan and Salesforce.
To crawl metadata from Salesforce, complete the following steps.
Select the source
To select Salesforce as your source:
- In the top right of any screen, navigate to New and then click New Workflow.
- From the list of packages, select Salesforce Assets and click on Setup Workflow.
To enter your Salesforce credentials:
- For Host Name enter the full URL for your Salesforce instance, including the
- For Username enter the integration user's email address.
- For Password enter the concatenation of the user's password and the user's personal security token.
🚨 Careful! Entering either password or personal security token alone will be insufficient. For example, if your user password is
xyzand your security token is
xyz123for the Password.
- For Consumer Key enter the consumer key for the connected app.
- For Consumer Secret enter the consumer secret for the connected app.
- At the bottom of the form, click the Test Authentication button to confirm connectivity to Salesforce using these details.
- When successful, at the bottom of the screen click the Next button.
Configure the connection
To complete the Salesforce connection configuration:
- Provide a Connection Name that represents your source environment. For example, you might want to use values like
- (Optional) To change the users able to manage this connection, change the users or groups listed under Connection Admins.
🚨 Careful! If you do not specify any user or group, nobody will be able to manage the connection — not even admins.
Run the crawler
To run the Salesforce crawler, after completing the steps above:
- To run the crawler once, immediately, at the bottom of the screen click the Run button.
- To schedule the crawler to run hourly, daily, weekly or monthly, at the bottom of the screen click the Schedule & Run button.
Once the crawler has completed running, you will see the assets in Atlan's asset page! 🎉