🤓 Who can do this? You will need to be an admin in Atlan to configure the Jira integration. You will also need inputs and approval from an administrator of your Jira workspace.
To integrate Jira and Atlan, follow these steps.
Connect Atlan to Jira
🚨 Careful! You must have at least one issue already created in Jira before integrating it with Atlan.
To connect Atlan to Jira from within Atlan:
- From the left menu, click Admin.
- Under Workspace, click Integrations.
- In the Jira tile, click the Connect button.
- A new window will open, where you'll be asked to log into your Atlassian account:
- To login with an email address, enter your email address, click Continue, and then enter your password and click Log in.
- To login with Google, Microsoft, or Apple, click the appropriate button and follow the instructions.
- Once you're logged in, you will be asked to allow Atlan to access your Atlassian account. Scroll to the bottom of the window and click the Accept button.
Install Atlan Jira app
To install the Atlan Jira app:
- Open the Atlan Jira app's page in the Atlassian marketplace, through either of these ways:
- From the Integrations page of Atlan, in the Jira tile, click the Add to Jira button.
- Directly navigate to the URL: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225577/atlan
- In the upper right of the page, click the Get it now button.
- At the bottom of the Add to Jira dialog, click the Get it now button.
(Optional) Request permission from your Jira admin
If you are not a workspace administrator in Jira, you will be prompted to request permission to install. To request permission to install the integration:
- Under Want this app? Let your admin know why enter an explanation for installing the app.
- At the bottom of the form, click the Submit request button.
- Contact your Jira workspace administrator and ask them to approve the Atlan app.
- Once approved, you'll get an email from Jira telling you that the Atlan app is installed.
Configure integration from Atlan to Jira
To configure the Jira integration from Atlan, from the Integrations sub-menu:
- Expand the Jira tile. (You may need to refresh the page before the following options appear.)
- Under the Configurations tab, select the Jira project to use as your default project from the dropdown and click Update.
- (Optional) At any future time, you can review the Overview tab to see the number of linked issues between Jira and Atlan.
Atlan is now connected to Jira! 🎉
💪 Did you know? The default project is preselected when creating or linking issues to an asset in Atlan. You can change the project while creating or linking issues as needed.