🤓 Who can do this? You will need to be an admin user in Atlan to create groups.
To create a group in Atlan:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin.
- Under Workspace click Groups.
- Click the Create Group button.
- Enter details for the new group in Create Group:
- For Name enter a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) For Description enter an explanation of the group.
- (Optional) For Slack enter the name of an existing Slack channel for the group. (You do not need to include the # in the channel name.) Click Test your slack link to attempt to open the channel in your integrated Slack workspace.
- (Optional) For Users search for and add any users that should be in the group. (You can also add users later.)
- (Optional) To add this group for all new users automatically, enable Mark as default.
- Click Create Group button.
You now have a new group in Atlan! 🎉
💪 Did you know? Once you've integrated Slack and added the Slack channel for your group, simply click the Slack icon next to the group name in Atlan and you'll be redirected to the group channel on Slack. You can then post questions and share assets directly on that channel.