🤓 Who can do this? You will need to be an admin user in Atlan to create groups.
To create a group in Atlan:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin.
- Under Workspace click Groups.
- Click the Create Group button.
- Enter details for the new group in Create Group:
- For Name enter a descriptive name for the group.
- (Optional) For Description enter an explanation of the group.
- (Optional) For Slack enter the name of an existing Slack channel for the group. (You do not need to include the # in the channel name.) Click Test your slack link to attempt to open the channel in your integrated Slack workspace.
- (Optional) For Users search for and add any users that should be in the group. (You can also add users later.)
- (Optional) To add this group for all new users automatically, enable Mark as default.
- Click Create Group button.
You now have a new group in Atlan! 🎉