🤓 Who can do this? You will need to be an admin user in Atlan to configure SMTP.
Atlan uses SMTP to send emails, primarily for things like inviting users and login failure alerts. We provide an embedded SMTP server to do this, out-of-the-box.
If desired, you can override this embedded SMTP server with your own.
To override the embedded SMTP server:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin.
- Under Workspace, click SMTP.
- Fill in the configuration of your SMTP server, at least:
- For Host the fully-qualified hostname of the SMTP server.
- For From Email the email address that should be used to send emails from the server.
- For Username the username required by your SMTP server.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Test SMTP Config button to test your configuration. This will attempt to send an email to your profile's email address.
- Once you successfully receive the test email, at the bottom of the page click Save.