Atlan uses SMTP to send emails, primarily for things like inviting users and login failure alerts. We provide an embedded SMTP server to do this, out-of-the-box.
If desired, you can override this embedded SMTP server with your own.
To override the embedded SMTP server:
- From the left menu of any screen, click Admin.
- Under Workspace, click SMTP.
- Fill in the configuration of your SMTP server, at least:
- For Host the fully-qualified hostname of the SMTP server.
- For From Email the email address that should be used to send emails from the server.
- For Username the username required by your SMTP server.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Test SMTP Config button to test your configuration. This will attempt to send an email to your profile's email address.
- Once you successfully receive the test email, at the bottom of the page click Save.