You can save queries to re-run them later, schedule them, or share them.
💪 Did you know? You can only save queries through a collection. You can share collections with others, to share your queries.
Save a query
To save a query:
- Open the query in Insights.
- At the top of the query, click the Save button.
- In the resulting dialog, replace Query name with a name for the query.
- If you have access to existing collections, click the button at the top of the dialog to choose one.
- If you have no collections, at the top of the dialog click the Query collection button and then Create Collection:
- For Name enter a name for the collection.
- (Optional) To the left of the name, click the icon to choose an icon for the collection.
- (Optional) For Description describe the collection.
- (Optional) For Share select other users or groups that can access the collection. (See below for more details.)
- At the bottom of the Create Collection dialog, click Create.
- (Optional) In the bottom left of the dialog, click No Certification to give the query a certificate.
- (Optional) To the right of the certificate, click Term to assign a term to the query.
- At the bottom right of the dialog, click Save Query.
Share a query collection
To share a collection of queries:
- Open Insights.
- In the upper left, click the papers-in-a-box icon.
- Under the icon, click the name of the selected query collection.
- From the resulting list of collections, hover over the collection you want to share.
- Click the 3-dot icon to the right of the collection name and choose Edit collection.
- In the Edit collection dialog, under Share:
- Search for users or groups with whom to share the collection.
- (Optional) To the right of the user or group, click the Can edit drop-down to change the sharing permissions:
- Can edit allows users to view, run and edit all queries in the collection.
- Can view allows users to view and run all queries in the collection, but not edit them.
- Repeat these steps for each user or group with whom you want to share the collection.
- At the bottom of the Edit Collection dialog, click Update.
💪 Did you know? Users with only Can view permissions will still be able to change the interactive part of interactive queries.