🤓 Who can do this? Any user with permission to edit custom metadata can add or change custom metadata values on assets. (An admin user must first create the custom metadata structures for those values, though.)
To add custom metadata to an asset:
- Navigate to the asset. You could do this by searching, through discovery, or even through our Chrome extension.
- In the right sidebar, click the icon for the metadata structure you want to enrich.
- If no values yet exist, click the Start Editing button. Otherwise, in the upper-right of the custom metadata panel in the sidebar, click the Edit button.
- Enter values for any properties you want to enrich. (You do not need to fill in every property.)
- In the upper-right of the custom metadata panel in the sidebar, click the Update button.
That's it, the asset is now enriched with your organization's own custom metadata! 🎉