Atlan allows you to add owners for each data asset. This enriches the asset profile and helps build trust among users. Users can then quickly reach out to the owner of the asset for any questions about the data.
The owner is responsible for maintaining the data asset. They are the right person to contact for questions about the data's frequency of update, progress, status, and more.
Add owners to your assets
To add or update owners for a data asset, follow these steps:
- On the Atlan homepage, click Assets in the left menu.
- Click on an asset to view its asset profile.
- In the Overview menu to the right, click + under Owners to access a list of users.
- To assign owners, you can either:
- Click the checkbox next to an individual user's name.
- Toggle to groups in the top right and select an entire group of users.
- Click Save.
Your asset profile will now display the asset owners! 🎉
Search by asset owners
You can also filter your assets by asset owners. Here are the steps:
- In the Filters menu on the Assets page, click Owners.
- Click the checkbox next to an owner name to view their owned assets.