Every asset in Atlan has it own asset profile, which consists of all the information available for that particular asset. After you've discovered an asset, click to open the asset profile. This view gives you all the context you need about the asset.
Components of an asset profile
This section displays important details about the asset:
- Number of rows and columns
- Description of the asset
- Certification status (verified, work in progress, or deprecated)
- Owner of the asset
- Lineage view
For table profiles, you can also view the Columns tab. This tab allows you to update the metadata for your columns directly in the asset profile.
Column Preview offers a snapshot of all the columns in a data table, including the column name, data type, and description.
Sample Data shows the sample data for an asset. This helps users understand what kind of data is included in the asset and allows them to copy or export this data.
Connection admins can also enforce users to validate their credentials before viewing sample data, helping you enforce better governance across your organization.
Readme provides contextual information about the asset. It's a great place to crowdsource all the tribal knowledge and context that different users might have about the data asset.
The sidebar to the right of the asset profile provides high-level information about the asset. Here's what you can view:
- Overview offers a preview of the key characteristics of the asset.
- Columns displays a list of columns in an asset, along with a search bar for quick search.
- Lineage shows the upstream and downstream transformations of the asset.
- Activity serves as a changelog for the asset.
- Resources are links to internal or external URLs that help your team understand the asset.
- Queries shows all the saved queries for the asset.
- Requests for an asset can be filtered by their status, such as Pending, Approved, and Rejected.
- Properties shows the unique identification number of the asset and other essential properties.
- Integrations show Slack messages and Jira tickets pertaining to the asset.